expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, 16 September 2016

Saying Goodbye to Summer & Garden Tepee Fun


Hello lovely people!


I can’t believe we are half way through September already! When the 1st of the month came around all of a sudden the weather here just completely changed, in the blink of an eye summer was gone and it felt like Autumn was well and truly here. It got colder, rainy, I wanted to start wearing boots again and light the fire at night. Not only that but I was actually excited for all those things, I adore cosy nights in by the fire, falling leaves and of course Halloween! I had accepted the little summer we got here in Ireland was over, until the last couple days which shouldn’t really have surprised me as much as it did considering the bizarre Irish weather. For the past couple of days, the weather was warm and sunny, not quite an Indian Summer but as if summer just wanted a better send off before it left us!



With that in mind, a little inspiration from Zoella, Pinterest and my little sister as my helper, we built a sort of tepee/den/fort in our backyard and had a picnic to say goodbye to summer. We didn’t have anything fancy, we just had our washing line as a sort of frame/support but you could use some trees, rope or maybe you already have a tent you can jazz up a little. We used some bed sheets as material for the actual tepee, then decorated it with some bunting and fairy lights (if I had my way every room would be decorated with bunting and lights!). Some blankets and cushions on the ground made it even cosier and it was just the perfect place to relax in the sun.

I think this would be a really cute idea for next summer or even a birthday party, even if it wasn’t sunny outside you could make an indoors version! I’ll definitely be trying this again with more preparation but we had such a good time with something so simple I wanted to share it and I hope you like it too.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment