expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, 14 January 2017

Surprise,I'm Back !



Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are well on your way to having a great new year in 2017! Sorry for the major lack of posts recently, truthfully life just got in the way a little but we're back on track now so it's time for a catchup.

It was a bit stressful with assignments and exams at college which are thankfully all over now. On top of that I got a new job for the Christmas break as a Customer Assistant in Tesco, I really enjoyed it however, it meant I was very busy and didn't have much time to post worthwhile content. As if that wasn't enough I've also had 2 chest infections that has just cleared up, but it's not all bad news.

So as you may already know just before Christmas I applied for RTE's Operation Transformation and made it to the assessment day as one of the 18 finalists. I got to meet the other finalists and they are the most inspirational group I've ever met. It was an absolutely amazing experience and I would recommend for anyone thinking about applying or following the plan to just go for it ! I wasn't picked as one of the main 5 leaders being followed by the cameras, but the production team are brilliant and check in with me every week to keep me on track as well as keeping in touch with the other finalists.

For anyone who doesn't know, Operation Transformation is a health and fitness programme here in Ireland. Five brave members of the public volunteer to lead the nation in an effort to lose weight and get fit with the help of four experts. There's a food and exercise plan which I'll link here, that runs for 7 weeks and anyone can follow it! 

I've been overweight my entire life but decided that it's time to change, I'm following the OT leader Mairead as her lifestyle is the most relatable to mine, I thought she was incredible at the assessment day plus we're from the same area so it's great to get out and support another local girl. I'll be posting loads more about OT so keep watch and expect lots more posts on food and fitness that's good for body and mind.
Here's to a healthier, happier new year !

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment